Conference and Program Information
Who Should Attend: Physicians, Nurses, CNAs, Respiratory Therapists, PT/OT/SLPs, Dentists, Police, EMS (Paramedics, EMT, Fire Personnel), nursing students and other health care professionals, and lifeguards as applicable to place of employment.
Heartsaver BLS is recommended for non-healthcare professionals, daycare providers, office workers, lifeguards, teachers, and coaches. Heartsaver CPR is not offered as part of this course.
This Healthcare Provider BLS course follows the current American Heart Association guidelines. This course is a four hour instructor-led session designed to provide knowledge and skills associated with single and multirescuer BLS for adults, children, and infants. Emphasis is placed on importance of early high-quality CPR, early defibrillation, team dynamics, and utilization of the AHA links in the chain of survival.
Upon successful completion of this course (written exam and skill evaluations), each participant will receive a verification card from AHA. Expiration of verification occurs two years from the last day of the month in which the card was issued.
- Demonstrate the correct sequence and technique for high quality CPR on an adult, child, and infant mannequin
- Provide effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Demonstrate correct use of the automatic external defibrillator (AED)
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign body obstruction on an adult and child
- Demonstrate the technique for relief of foreign body obstruction on an infant mannequin
- Identify clear roles and responsibilities of team dynamics
- Perform as an effective team member during a multirescuer CPR scenario
- Registration is now open
- Cost includes provider manual: $65.00